Outlook 2013: Getting Organized
What you will learn:
By the end of class, attendees will understand how to manipulate the Outlook environment to better organize their email and calendars. This course will cover managing and organizing email and calendars as well as demonstrate time-saving tips and tricks within Outlook 2013. Attendees will be given the opportunity to work within Outlook 2013 with instructor assistance so that real-world applications can be understood and practiced.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Manage and view incoming messages more efficiently by creating rules and applying conditional formatting.
- Quickly find messages of high importance by creating custom search folders.
- Organize email messages using categories, tagging, and folders.
- Manage past email messages and calendar entries using best practices.
- Create group calendars. Categorize calendar entries. Create and assign tasks.
- Apply a number of time saving tips and tricks for daily use of Outlook 2013.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
What you should already know:
Attendees should have a basic understanding of Outlook including:
Managing and creating contacts and contact groups.
Managing and creating meetings.
Creating out-of-office messages.
Basic computing skills (i.e. using a mouse, formatting text, and saving and organizing files).
What you will need:
For this course, attendees will need an active KU Online ID. No additional hardware, software, or account permissions are needed.