myCommunity - Site Owner
Completion of this hands-on class is a recommendation for anyone wanting to request and own a myCommunity site. You will learn about site owner responsibilities as outlined in the myCommunity Framework. To help with the organization of your site, we will review site planning considerations and best practices. Through the creation of a sandbox site, you will practice creating a new site, viewing and managing permissions, and modifying the site by changing the look, template, and navigation. We’ll conclude by reviewing how to delete a site.
• Understand the role and responsibilities of being a site owner
• Learn best practices and considerations for planning a site
• Practice creating and deleting subsites
• Practice managing permissions and groups
• Experiment with changing site layout, navigation, and look
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic knowledge of:
- How to log in and navigate myCommunity
- Intermediate skills in myCommunity as outlined by the myCommunity intermediate training.