myCommunity - Getting Started
myCommunity brings together faculty, staff and students with diverse skills and experience in shared areas of interest. Across KU, myCommunity members will collaborate, share ideas and learn from others to advance their knowledge. This introductory class will help you get up and running with myCommunity and OneDrive. In the class, you will update your personal profile page and learn about the newsfeed, blogging, tasks and OneDrive for Business for Business—your personal online storage space. In addition, you will learn how to follow and contribute to community sites.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Navigate to and within myCommunity
- Update personal information on their My Site About Me page
- Communicate with other myCommunity users and sites using the Newsfeed’s microblog, including using tags and mentions
- Create, edit, and upload documents using OneDrive for Business
- Understand limitations of the Office Web Apps available
- Recognize some of the most common apps used with sites
- Add items to a list
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website