BudCast - Grants Administration
What you will learn:
By the end of class, attendees will understand how to work within the BudCast Grants Administration Module to forecast project expenses and send the corresponding BudCast Grant Reports to PI's (Principle Investigators). Attendees will be given the opportunity to work within the BudCast Grants Administration Module with instructor assistance so that real-world applications can be understood and practiced.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Basic navigational skills within the Grants Administration module and the Reporting module.
- Forecast salary and non-salary expenses within BudCast.
- Perform 'BudCast Reallocations' within a project.
- Review and distribute individual reports to a PI.
- Distribute reports to PIs using the SSC Distribution Tree.
- Utilize grant PI, ORG Unit, Contract ID, and SSC staff member reports to monitor multiple projects.
Staff members must have been granted access to the BudCast - Grants Administration module before attending this class. Access forms can be found here.
Users will need to have working knowledge of KUCR policies/grant financial esperience. Staff members should understand terms such as ARSP, positions, pools, OOE, forecasts, projections, budget transfers, F&A etc. before attending this class.