Blackboard: Wikis, Blogs and Journals (Virtual/Online Workshop)
Note: This is a virtual/online workshop that is hosted via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. On the day of the training, you will access the training session at http://tinyurl.com/kublackboardtraining.
In this workshop participants will examine Blackboard’s Wiki,Blog and Journal tools. Hands-on activities will include creating a wiki, blog and journal, editing and managing wikis, blogs and journals, and grading wikis,blogs and journals. Additional discussion will touch on the difference between wikis, blogs and journals, tips and tricks, and classroom use cases.
By the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Compare and contrast wikis, blogs and journals
- Create a wiki, blog and journal
- Edit settings for a wiki, blog and journal
- Enter grades for a wiki, blog and journal
- Establish best practice expectations for student participation
- Share ideas about using assignments in Blackboard courses
If this session date does not work out for your schedule, we would be happy to set up a one-on-one deskside consulting session, or even a customized departmental workshop. Details on how to request these are found on http://technology.ku.edu/training.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Educational Technologists at email@example.com or 785-864-2600.Category(s):Blackboard
Blackboard: Getting Started